Monday, June 19, 2006
Article re: Microwave Satellites
Dear Sir, Madam,
“The Nuremberg Code (1947)”:
“… the Nuremberg Code …”:
“ "The Istanbul Protocol"
The Manual on Effective Investigation and Documentation of Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment “:
The Manual on Effective Investigation and Documentation of Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
Psychological Evidence of Torture
A. General Considerations
1. Central Role of the Psychological Evaluation “:
“…Perpetrators often attempt to justify their acts of torture and ill-treatment by the need to gather information. Such conceptualizations obscure the purpose of torture and its intended consequences. One of the central aims of torture is to reduce the individual to a position of extreme helplessness and distress that can lead to a deterioration of cognitive, emotional and behavioral functions. Thus, torture can be a means of attacking the individual's fundamental modes of psychological and social functioning. …”:
“Manual on the Effective Investigation and Documentationof Torture
and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatmentor Punishment
(The Istanbul Protocol)
Submitted to the:
United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
August 9, 1999 “:
“The Medical Documentation of Torture”:
“Founded in 1985, the Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture provides care and rehabilitation to survivors of torture and other forms of organised violence. “:
29 November 1985
96th plenary meeting
“ Declaration of Basic Principles of Justice
for Victims of Crime and Abuse of Power”:
22 February 2001
Resolution adopted by the General Assembly.
55/89. Torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. :
Principles on the Effective Investigation and Documentation of Torture and Other Gruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
(4 December 2000) :
“CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES” :
ARTICLE 10 - RIGHT TO LIFE
States Parties reaffirm that every human being has the inherent right to life and shall take all necessary measures to ensure its effective enjoyment by persons with disabilities on an equal basis with others.
ARTICLE 15 - FREEDOM FROM TORTURE OR CRUEL, INHUMAN OR DEGRADING TREATMENT OR PUNISHMENT
1. No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. In particular, no one shall be subjected without his or her free consent to medical or scientific experimentation.
2. States Parties shall take all effective legislative, administrative, judicial or other measures to prevent persons with disabilities on an equal basis with others from being subjected to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
ARTICLE 17 – PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE PERSON
Every person with disabilities has a right to respect for his or her physical and mental integrity on an equal basis with others.
“International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights”:
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. In particular, no one shall be subjected without his free consent to medical or scientific experimentation.”:
“Committee against Torture”:
“Monitoring the prevention of torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”:
“Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment”:
1. Each State Party shall take effective legislative, administrative, judicial or other measures to prevent acts of torture in any territory under its jurisdiction.
2. No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat of war, internal political in stability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture.
3. An order from a superior officer or a public authority may not be invoked as a justification of torture. “ …: