Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

25.---Journal entry for January 2, 2003

(1)-Book

She decided to call Seamus and see if he could help her with the scientific part of the puzzle.

"Hello Tinsel" he answered. She could hear his smile over the phone.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Well, I have caller ID and your name and number are showing up on it" still smiling.

"Oh, okay." she laughed. Her life was spooky enough. The last thing she ever needed was another coincidence. She was relieved to see that things made sense on the every day level.

"Happy New Year!"

"Happy New Year to you. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Did you go out last night?"

"Yes, we went to a friends' and had a few drinks and came home and passed out", he laughed.

"Well, I was wondering if you could give me some information for a book I'm writing. I'm wondering if you know of a medical technology that would come close to being capable of .... See, in the book, this woman is in her apartment alone and, it's an extension of the hate crime, her face and body are deformed by these people through her walls. I figure it would either be electro-magnetic, radiation, like some type of force-field. Do you know of any type of medical technology that would ever, in the future, be able to put some type of field into someone?"

"Hmmm, do you mean like an infection?"

"Well no, it would have to be something they could do to her without her knowing it, like some type of field they could create that could force a small bit of air into her body that could shut off here circulation in her veins and make her face - the skin - fall off."

"Well, what exactly do they do to her face?"

"Her ears are deformed and her skin sags on her face and neck."

"See, there are certain kinds of diseases that could deform someone's ears. Leprosy, for example, could definitely deform someone's face."

"No, because in the book, she gets it without knowing it and it's not a disease."

"But you could give someone leprosy by getting a piece of clothing or material that was around a person infected with it and putting that material around someone so that they come into contact with it."

________________________________________________________________

(2)-Book

"Hmmm, that's interesting..."

"Well, it's like smallpox and the Indians. You know about that, right?"

"No. Tell me."

"When the first settlers came and saw all the Indians spread out all over the territory they wanted to take, they gave them blankets that were infected with smallpox to kill them off. They pretended they were being charitable but that was what they did so they could take over the country."

"That's horrible. I didn't know that."

"Oh yeah. That's common knowledge."

"Well, in the book these people have this technology that enables them to push this energy into her body and it stays in place so it might be put there by compressing it into her by creating a field around her. Once it's in- the heat of her body might actually keep it there---like a heat-seeking missile...whatever that technology is...see, I'm not a scientist, I'm an artist so I have the idea of it but I need to find out what type of technology could possibly be used to do this in the future."

"You know, I want to think about this some more, okay?" Really, because I'm not sure, I really don't know but I want to think about this some more and I'll give you a call about it."

"Great , thanks alot."

"Yeah, I'll do that and then let you know later."

"Thanks, talk to you later. Happy New Years!"

"Okay Tinsel. Bye."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter